La Playa Carmel
We appreciate your understanding and support as we continue to adapt to the unprecedented conditions created by COVID-19. Our highest priority and greatest concern is the wellbeing of our guests. Therefore, we compiled some items you may find helpful throughout your stay including available services, updated outlet operation hours, and more.
You may reach our guest services team by calling (831) 293-6100 at any time.
Thank you for your continued loyalty. We hope you enjoy your stay!
- Housekeeping—As recommended by the CDC and California Department of Health, all guestrooms will be cleaned and sanitized for new arrivals only. Should you need additional towels, pillows, blankets, or other items, please call the Front Desk and we will deliver them to you.
- Transportation – Our hotel shuttle has temporarily discontinued operation.
- Bell & Valet Services – At this time, valet services have been suspended. Bell service will still be available during your stay.
- Laundry Services – Dry cleaning services are still available to guests.
- Visit our cleaning standards page to learn more about how we are keeping the hotel clean and safe for you.
- Smoking Policy—Our entire property is non-smoking. This includes our rooms, gardens, courtyard, and parking area.
- Safe Distancing—While on property, we ask that you maintain a 6’ distance from others, as required by federal and state mandates.
- Face Covering Order—In accordance with the State of California, guests are required to wear a protective face covering or mask when in a public building.
- Should you have additional questions regarding our hotel, please visit our FAQs.
- Breakfast—Takeaway breakfast trays are available in the Library from 7:30 AM – 10 AM and may be enjoyed anywhere on our hotel grounds, including our award-winning gardens.
- Dining Outlets—Bud’s is open for takeout service 3 PM – 9 PM daily.
- Dining Options—Brophy’s Tavern, our sister restaurant located on 4th & San Carlos, is open for takeout service from 11 AM -9 PM daily. Orders may be placed by calling (831) 586-5566.
Steps we have taken to ensure your safety.
- All associates are required to wear face coverings or masks.
- Each guestroom is thoroughly cleaned by gloved attendants, using CDC-approved cleaning products.
- Housekeeping will not service any guestrooms during your stay. We will, however, deliver any necessary items to you, upon request. Delivery attendants will be wearing protective gloves.
- CDC-approved cleaning products are used to wipe down door handles and rails frequently throughout each day.
- Associates working at the hotel may not exhibit any signs of sickness. All who are working have chosen to be here and agree to follow all safety guidelines.
- Signs are posted throughout the hotel to remind guests of social distancing.
- Front Desk attendants do not touch either your ID or credit card, instead having you present them to us on the counter.
- We do not re-use guestroom keys from one stay to the next.
- Credit card machines are wiped down after each use.
- Ongoing education for our associates about maintaining good health and staying home when ill.