Things to do in Carmel
Explore the culture and charm of Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Located in the hub of activity for which Carmel is known, La Playa Carmel places serene beaches, unique art galleries, fine restaurants, and scenic beauty at your doorstep.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea’s Ocean Avenue – Conveniently located steps from La Playa Carmel, enjoy dining and shopping at world-class restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, and wine tasting rooms.
- Carmel Beach – Just two blocks away, La Playa Carmel is closer to the sand than any hotel in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
- Point Lobos State Natural Reserve - This crown jewel of the California state park system can be found just three miles from La Playa Carmel with its spectacular ocean views, diverse marine and wildlife, and unparalleled hiking trails.
- Carmel Valley Wineries – Spend a day touring the local wine country, and sample some of California’s highly acclaimed varietals.
- 17-Mile Drive – Travel along a picturesque road, and experience sweeping ocean views and intriguing mansions. An entrance to the route is just six blocks from the hotel.
- Golf at Pebble Beach – The stunning signature holes and breathtaking scenic beauty have led many to consider this iconic course America’s greatest.